Wondering what makes a great podcast? The best podcasts on YouTube are a great place to look for inspiration when it comes to starting your own perfect podcast. You might be surprised to learn that some of your favorite YouTubers are also dominating the podcast industry.
Ready to start your own podcast?
Castos is one of the top podcast hosting platforms offering both YouTube and WordPress integration. Use it to convert audio podcast files into YouTube videos and pull data from multiple listening platforms into one dashboard.
Table of Contents
The Best Podcasts on YouTube
1. Niche Pursuits
You’ve obviously found the blog, I mean, you’re literally on it right now—but did you know that Niche Pursuits also has an official podcast?
Sometimes listening to how Jason Mills makes $3K per month from a 6-month-old blog is more fun than reading a blog post about it.
The podcast is exactly what you would expect; though no longer hosted by Spencer himself, the wonderful Jared Bauman does a great job of coaxing valuable information from other online entrepreneurs to share with listeners.
Expect a mix of real-life advice, online business ideas, and a healthy dose of motivation to make your next online business venture a success.
Or listen to the podcast on your preferred platform. You can check out Niche Pursuits on, , or
2. Trash Taste
Launched in 2020, Trash Taste has amassed more than 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube alone, making it one of the top podcasts on the platform. They also have thousands more listeners across multiple platforms like Apple and Spotify.
The podcast follows Tokyo-based content creators Joey Bizinger, Garnt Maneetapho, and Connor Colquhoun as they discuss topics related to anime, manga, and life in Japan. It’s good light-hearted fun sprinkled with interesting insights into the lives of the popular YouTubers.
Listen to the Trash Taste podcast on, , or .
3. Welcome to Our Podcast
Hosted by Mike Falzone and his wife Zoja, Welcome to Our Podcast has been going strong for over 10 years. Through his podcast and YouTube presence, Mike has been able to establish himself as a true comedian and been invited to some of the biggest stages across Canada and the US.
The podcast has no particular focus other than the two sharing stories about their life together.
Listen to Welcome to Our Podcast onor .
4. H3 Podcast
The H3 Podcast channel is just one of three run by Ethan Klein and his wife, Hila. The two YouTube creators startedto share sketches and comedic reactions, whereas their podcast channel features hilarious guest interviews.
Additionally, they also have a third channel,, which they use to promote their main podcast channel. Since their podcast episodes are close to two, sometimes three hours long, they use the highlights channel to share interesting clips that draw people in.
Listen to H3 onor .
5. Jenna and Julien Podcast
You can’t mention the best podcasts on YouTube without talking about the Jenna Julien Podcast. Put out by Jenna Marbles, one of the OG YouTube creators, Jenna is an example of one of the many YouTube stars that have used their channel to launch a podcast.
They talk about a wide variety of topics and make their podcast engaging by including fun games that you can play along with them.
Listen to Jenna and Julien onor .
6. The Joe Rogan Experience
Perhaps one of the most popular YouTube podcasts ever, the Joe Rogan podcast has a very loyal following.
New episodes are released regularly and include a mix of dumb questions and surprisingly deep topics as Joe interviews various guests.
Listen to Joe Rogan onor .
7. Joe Budden Podcast
Nicknamed the Howard Stern of hip-hop, Joe Budden’s podcast is a mix of hip-hop news, sports, business, and current events. He releases new episodes twice a week and occasionally features expert guests.
Listen to Joe Budden onor .
8. The Influencer Podcast
Hosted by none other than Julie Solomon, the Influencer Podcast is the best podcast for advice on how to grow your brand and increase visibility online. Expect great tips and some expert guests, and learn everything you need to know about being an influencer.
Listen to The Influencer onor .
9. Dear Hank & John Podcast
This popular YouTuber podcast hosted by John and Hank Green is a mix of humor and self-help. From answering life’s big questions and offering heartfelt advice, Hank and John Green are hilarious to watch and will leave you feeling uplifted.
Listen to Dear Hank & John onor .
10. Ear Biscuits
Link Neal and co-host Rhett McLaughlin from Good Mythical Morning also have a weekly podcast, Ear Biscuits. The two are no strangers to having one of the best podcasts on YouTube, with over 18 million subscribers on their daily channel, and are slowly building Ear Biscuits with new episodes every week.
The two hosts themselves refer to their podcasts as “candid weekly conversations for your entertainment,” and they basically just talk about their lives. They keep it interesting by sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly, all with a touch of humor.
Listen to Ear Biscuits onor .
11. Not Too Deep
A woman of many talents, Grace Helbig, is an actress, comedian, and all-around YouTube star. Not Too Deep is her official podcast, on which she interviews a variety of different guests.
You’ll probably recognize some of her guests, like Chelsea Handler or Mayim Bialik; others are less well-known but have lots to share. She even interviewed fellow YouTube creator Hank Green in one of her episodes.
Listen to Not Too Deep onor .
12. The Create Unknown
One of the best podcasts to listen to if you want to learn more about how to earn money online, this podcast interviews successful online creators who share their tips and advice.
Hosted by Kevin Lieber and Matt Tabor, they ask creators how they got started and where they found their inspiration. They also talk at length about how unpredictable the content industry can be and how to tackle that as a beginner.
Listen to The Create Unknown onor .
Psychobabble is a weekly podcast put out by YouTube creator Tyler Oakley and his best friend, Korey Kuhl.
New episodes are half an hour long, and they just talk about pop culture, the week’s news, and typical things that friends would talk about. The only difference is they are sharing it with the world.
Being best friends, the hosts have a really easy to listen to dynamic, and each episode is good fun to listen to.
Listen to Psychobabble onor .
14. Think Media
Hands down one of the best podcasts on YouTube for learning how to make money on YouTube. This podcast focuses on strategies, tips, and tricks for building a successful YouTube channel and how to use video to build your personal brand or business.
Hosted by Sean Cannell from Think Media, each episode usually involves a guest interview and covers a new topic around how to grow your YouTube channel and different ways to monetize your videos.
They cover everything from how to tackle YouTube’s algorithm and how to protect your account from being hacked to how to make money on YouTube without actually making any videos at all.
For anyone looking to leverage YouTube as a platform for earning money online, this is a great one to listen to.
Listen to Think Media onor .
Why Put Out a Podcast?
You might already be writing a blog or putting out videos, so why is a podcast different? Regardless of what you’re already doing online, there is actually still a reason to push out a regular podcast.
- Position yourself as an authority in your niche. Podcasts are a great alternative to writing long-winded blog posts that can help demonstrate your knowledge on a subject. The more of a reputation you can build as an expert in your industry, the more opportunities you might find are open to you.
- Expand your audience. First of all, most successful online creators are on more than one platform. Not only can you put out a podcast on multiple platforms, but audio content is sometimes more convenient than text or video (people like to listen on the go).
- Diversify your income stream. If you listen to the Niche Pursuits podcast or read the blog regularly, you know making a living online is all about having multiple income streams. And starting a podcast doesn’t cost very much (if anything at all) to get started.
All of these things are related to marketing yourself. Take a look at our helpful guide on how to usewhether you’re looking to grow yourself, or your business.
Helpful Tips to Get You Started
- Most search terms are for shows, not “how to” content. Creating how to content is often touted as being a great way to show up on search engines and gain traffic to your blog or YouTube channel. However, while this works for blogs and videos, podcasts are a little bit different. The most popular podcasts are focused on things like life’s big questions, personal passions, and pop culture news. As a result, more listeners search for specific podcasts on YouTube rather than search terms. This means to grow your podcast you need to ensure making your name recognizable is a priority.
- YouTube is the preferred platform for podcasts. According to a done by Voice, most podcast listeners in America are tuning in on YouTube. Spotify comes in as a close second, and Apple podcasts rank third. These are the top three platforms you need to get on to hit the podcast market.
- Take advantage of feedback in the comments. Read the comments on your page. What do your listeners want? What do they like, and what do they not like? This is valuable information to implement in new episodes in order to maintain and grow your viewership.
- Create a second channel with short clips that can go viral to promote full episodes. It can be hard to entice new listeners with an hour-long podcast episode if they don’t know what to expect. Cut your podcast down to bite-sized snippets and share them on YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram to encourage people to want to listen to the whole thing.
- Use a hosting platform. YouTube podcasts are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the podcast industry. Take advantage of different hosting platforms, like Castos, which allows you to send podcast content to directories like Apple, Spotify, etc.
Castos is great because it includes WordPress and YouTube integration but the major downside is that there is no free version for those just starting out. For anyone just starting out and looking to keep things exceptionally budget-friendly,is a great alternative that does offer a free version you can take advantage of. Or check out our list of the to push your podcasts to numerous directories.
Podcasts on YouTube are a great way to diversify your income stream and grow your audience. They are also just a nice way to pass the time. So whether you’re looking for inspiration to start your own podcast or you just want something new to listen to, check out one of our top picks above!